Pages

sábado, 13 de abril de 2013

In my shoes

When I decided to be myself, I knew I would face a lot of judgement and criticism, I knew that would hurt, but I also knew I had no choice. I needed to break the shell in order to survive.

Not without pain, I chose to face the judgement with my head high, I knew that meant I'd have to be lonely a lot of times. I knew some people wouldn't understand. I also knew that was the only option I had. 


While being me, I do my best not to disrespect people. I do my best not to hurt people. I mean no harm. If that happens and I notice, I apologise. It takes a lot from selfish me to apologise, but I do it.


Being me will often make me an outcast, being me will often make me the ‘weirdo
’, being me will often scare people. Being me also got me the greatest friends I could ask for. Being me also brought me where I am today, and I’m sure it will take me even further. 

I won’t apologise for being me, I won’t apologise for my choices. I won’t even feel bad for them, at all. I’m open to changes, don’t get me wrong, I always am. I’m in a constant metamorphosis, I adapt.


But no, I won’t question who I am, I won’t jeopardise my integrity or my character. And no, I won't ever give up on my freedom. Not for a second. That’s me, like it or not. That’s all I can be. And I (completely absolutely definitely) love it.


  • para ler ouvindo: Slow and Steady - Of Monsters and Men
I move slow and steady

But I feel like a waterfall

Yeah, I move slow and steady

Past the ones that I used to know


0 comentários:

Postar um comentário