Pages

sexta-feira, 23 de janeiro de 2015

2 years later

"It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to."
2 years and 1 day ago I boarded a Sao Paulo - Frankfurt flight listening to Beatles, Blackbird, thinking I was 'only waiting for that moment to arise'. A day after, on a snowy Wednesday evening, I arrived at New Street Station, Birmingham, for the first time. From that day on I have, every single day, asked myself: "What the heck am I doing here?".
I have, since, found many different answers to that question. First, it was a Masters, in a while I realised it had more to do with growth and change, after that it became a dream, a business idea, and then came love, and the answer keeps changing. Every day I ask "What the heck am I doing here?", and every day the answer is different. And some days I don't even have an answer. And that is ok too.
If the first year was a lot about myself, and discovering who am I - or who I am not, as I am still not exactly sure of who I am -, the second year was about my surroundings, the people and the environment around me. I traveled more. I enjoyed my friendships more. I valued the people around me more. I opened up to accept more opinions, advices, help, hands and hugs and "Oh I got by with a little help from my friends".
Today I am here, sitting on my couch, with a massive to do list I left aside to write this down, morning sun coming through my window, and the first day of year 3 greeted me singing "here comes the sun, and I say, it's alright".
---
2 anos e 1 dia atrás eu embarquei num vôo São Paulo - Frankfurt ouvindo Beatles, Blackbird, pensando que eu estava 'only waiting for that moment to arise'. Um dia depois, numa quarta-feira de neve, eu cheguei à estação New Street, em Birmingham, pela primeira vez. Daquele dia em diante eu me perguntei, todos os dias, "O que diabos eu estou fazendo aqui?".
Eu encontrei várias respostas pra essa pergunta. Primeiro era o Mestrado, então eu percebi que tinha mais a ver com crescimento e mudança, depois virou um sonho, uma ideia de negócio, depois veio amor, e a resposta continua mudando. Todo dia eu pergunto 'o que diabos eu estou fazendo aqui' e todo dia a resposta é diferente. Às vezes eu nem tenho uma resposta, e tá tudo bem também.
Se o primeiro ano foi sobre mim, e descobrir quem eu sou - ou quem eu não sou, já que eu ainda não tenho muita certeza de quem eu sou -, o segundo ano foi sobre os meus arredores, as pessoas e os lugares a minha volta. Eu viajei mais. Eu aproveitei os meus amigos mais. Eu valorizei as pessoas a minha volta mais. Eu aceitei mais opiniões, conselhos, ajuda, mãos estendidas e abraços e "Oh I got by with a little help from my friends".
Hoje eu tô aqui sentada no meu sofá, com uma lista enorme de coisas pra fazer que eu deixei de lado pra escrever isso, o sol da manhã entrando pela janela da sala, e o primeiro dia do ano 3 me cumprimentou cantando "here comes the sun, and I say, it's alright".

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário